Apply to the MFA program
Each year, three to five new students are admitted to the Department of Art MFA graduate program.
Applications are processed by the WSU Graduate School and must include:
- A statement of professional interest. Indicate your area(s) of focus, the subject of your work, the concepts and issues you are exploring, and how you foresee your work evolving within the program.
- A digital portfolio of 20 images, plus an inventory with the title, medium, size, and approximate date of completion for each work.
- A writing sample describing your favorite object (200 words or less).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Your current CV or resume.
Applications including the all of the required materials will be automatically considered for financial support, usually in the form of a graduate teaching assistantship.
Deadline: The annual application deadline is January 15 for admission to the program the following fall semester.
Complete your application at the WSU Graduate School website.
Feel free to reach out to Krista Brand, the Department of Art graduate program coordinator, to learn more about the portfolio requirement, admission process, living in Pullman, or any other questions you may have about the WSU MFA program.